Whether you’re splashing in the surf or taking a dip in a resort swimming pool, there’s something about swimming that makes for a great time on your own or with family and friends. Swimming is such an enjoyable activity that you might be considering investing in swimming pool construction in Los Angeles, CA for your own home. If this is the case, you have a lot of planning ahead of you! You will need to determine your budget, where you want your pool to be located, what kind of design you want and which contractor you will hire.
On top of all of this, you will need to decide whether you want a chlorine pool or a saltwater pool. Even though this might not seem like a very consequential decision, there are actually some key differences between the two options, and it’s important that you weigh each one carefully so that you can get the most out of your new swimming pool:
- Cost: The initial cost of installing a saltwater pool is greater than that of installing a chlorine pool. When you have a saltwater pool installed, you will need to purchase a saltwater generator, which can cost well over $1,000, or you will need to purchase bags of salt to maintain the composition of your pool water.
- Sensitivity: Many people experience skin irritation from swimming in a chlorine pool. This is caused by the heightened level of harsh chemicals that can damage sensitive skin. Saltwater pools are less likely to aggravate skin sensitivity and cause irritation, so it may be a better choice if you or your family members have sensitive skin.
- Maintenance: Over time, saltwater pools become less expensive to operate than chlorine pools. This is because chlorine pools must be maintained with costly chemicals and shock treatments, while saltwater pools only need to be regularly replenished with salt. Saltwater pools also require less frequent maintenance than chlorine pools.
- Damage: In some cases, saltwater can cause damage to your pool’s features, including nearby plants and soil. Chlorine doesn’t usually cause damage to pool features; however, it can fade swimsuits over time.
- Repairs: When issues come up with a saltwater pool, you will almost always need to enlist the help of a professional. Chlorine pools are usually easier to repair, and there are a lot of different things that you can do to maintain and service your pool without hiring a professional.
Are you stuck trying to figure out what kind of pool is right for you? Let the professionals at Avanti Pools, Inc. help you plan the swimming pool of your dreams. We are experts in swimming pool construction in Los Angeles, CA with nearly 20 years of experience designing custom pools and spas. Regardless of your vision for your pool, our team is here to help you make it a reality. We can walk you through every step of the process, from initial planning to construction. Contact us today to begin creating an incredible swimming pool for you and your family to enjoy.