Every time you make a change to your home, you get the opportunity to express your personal style with custom features and unique designs. Building a pool affords you the opportunity to create an amazing space where you can entertain guests and spend quality time with your family, and it also gives you the opportunity to design something that’s truly one-of-a-kind.
There are lots of ways that you can customize your new pool, including by selecting alternative pool finishes. Pools have traditionally been finished with plaster, but lots of people are choosing different materials that offer additional benefits:
- Pebble Tec: Pebble Tec pool finishes are textured options made of real pebbles. Pebble Tec comes in a variety of colors, depending on your specific preferences, but they tend to deliver a more natural looking aesthetic. This pool finish is durable and lasts much longer than traditional plaster. In addition, it offers greater traction and prevents slipping. It tends to cost more than plaster, but lots of people still choose Pebble Tec because of its many benefits.
- Pebble Fina: Similar to traditional Pebble Tec, Pebble Fina is made from natural pebbles, but it is made from smaller pebbles and has a much smoother texture. Pebble Fina comes in some natural-looking colors, but it can also be purchased in vibrant hues with a shimmering component that offers a lustrous sparkle.
- Hydrazzo: Unlike pebble-based pool finishes, Hydrazzo is a polished finish with a smooth texture. It is a popular choice for new pool construction in Los Angeles, CA among pool owners who want to achieve a sophisticated, modern look. It’s resistant to staining, scratching and algae development, which makes it easy to maintain.
- ecoFINISH: This type of pool finish is designed to be durable and long-lasting. It is a fiberglass finish that is easy to maintain and resistant to a variety of different kinds of damage. It comes in a number of colors, ranging from natural beiges to bold colors like black.
- Tile: Installing a tile pool finish requires a significant investment of time and money, but this finish is also the longest lasting and one of the most beautiful options available. You can mix a variety of different tile designs and colors in a beautiful mosaic, or select natural stone tiles for an organic aesthetic.
With so many options to choose from when it comes to pool finishes—not to mention all of the other choices you’ll have to make about your pool design—you might feel overwhelmed by the process of new pool construction in Los Angeles, CA. Luckily, the professional team at Avanti Pools, Inc. specializes in helping turn our clients’ dream pool or spa into a reality. We have been in business since 1999 and we are proud to be locally owned and operated. We have a knowledgeable team made up of design and engineering experts who can plan and design a beautiful pool that is conducive to your space, preferences and budget. Call us today to get started on a brand-new pool or spa that you will be proud to show off to your family and friends.