Do you like going for a swim in your pool after the sun sets? If you do, you’re well aware that your pool needs proper lighting. A well-lit pool ensures that you can see everything in the water while enjoying pool games well into the night. But what kind of lights should you choose? Should you install standard lighting that’s been around for ages, or should pick LED pool lighting in Los Angeles, CA? We think the answer is simple: go with LEDs. Continue reading to learn about some of the main advantages of LED lights:
- Brighter lights: Visible light produced by a light bulb is measured in lumens. A standard 100-watt light bulb emits up to 1,750 lumens, and a 40-watt bulb produces about 450 lumens. An LED light, however, produces the same amount of lumens as a 100-watt bulb, but may only use 14 watts of energy. So, if you’d like to have a brighter and more beautiful pool each night, without quite so much energy being used, install LED lights!
- Added safety: If your pool is brighter at night, it stands to reason that it’ll be safer as well. This is big for parents watching their kids from the pool deck, as well as swimmers who’d like to see if there are any other creatures in the pool with them. For an even safer pool environment, install LED lights around your pool deck. Your whole backyard oasis will be lit up nice and bright for you to enjoy.
- Energy efficiency: As alluded to above, LED lights are much more energy efficient than standard bulbs. Running your incandescent lights can cost up to $1 per day. That might not seem like a lot, but that really adds up over the course of the year! Instead of paying that much, choose to install LED lights, which have an operating cost of just a few cents per day. On top of that, folks who replace their incandescent bulbs with LEDs may be eligible for tax rebates.
- Longevity: Replacing a light bulb inside is a pain, especially if you need to get up on a ladder to swap it out. If you don’t like doing that, imagine how much you’d hate replacing your pool lights! Folks who choose to install LEDs won’t have to worry about that anytime soon, as these bulbs able to last up to 20 years without being changed.
- Unique colors: As you can see, LED lights have their practical advantages, but that’s not the only reason our customers choose LEDs over incandescent bulbs! LED lights come in a variety of different colors to give your pool a unique look. If you pay a little extra, you can get LEDs that change colors with the touch of a button on your smart phone!
Be sure to call Avanti Pools, Inc. if you’re ready to install LED pool lighting in Los Angeles, CA. We’ll install your new lighting quickly and easily, so you can dive in and start enjoying your new lighting during a late-night swim.