Lighting can set the mood for any space around the house, both indoors and outdoors. If you’re making improvements to your swimming pool or building a new one from the ground up, don’t forget to add some thoughtfully designed lighting features. Not only does the right lighting provide you with a safer environment, but it also enhances the look of your pool and the surrounding landscape as a whole.
Outdoor lighting has come a long way in recent years, with smart pool lighting options becoming a standard feature in many new pools in Los Angeles, CA. Here’s how smart pool lighting can enhance your swimming experience.
Smart lighting makes it easy to control a variety of fixtures in and around the pool
With the right smart pool lighting strategy, you can make sure your entire outdoor space in Los Angeles, CA is safe for use after dark. In the past, pool contractors typically only installed one light at the deepest part of the pool. Today’s pool owners know that when it comes to lighting this special feature, the brighter the better. Depending on the size of your pool, you should add at least three or four fixtures to give it the most stunning look.
You’ll also want to have plenty of lighting fixtures outside of the pool. Light up the pool deck or other hardscape surfaces so you and your guests can safely navigate these areas after dark, and consider highlighting other features in the yard like landscaping. When the fixtures are part of a smart lighting system, they can be conveniently controlled from a phone or computer—you don’t even need to be on the property to turn the lights off or on.
Smart lighting helps you save on your energy bills
Since you can control a smart lighting system no matter where you are in the world, you can make sure the lights are on only when they need to be. As part of your smart lighting system installation, make sure to install fixtures that use LED bulbs. They produce the brightest light, but need to be strategically placed to highlight the pool instead of shining directly in your eyes. Rely on a pool lighting technician to suggest the best placement for your fixtures.
Smart lighting can be part of larger smart systems with more features
One of the great aspects of smart pool lighting is that it can be integrated with other smart features that increase the enjoyment of your entire outdoor space. With smart systems, it’s all about convenience. At the push of a button, you can control the lighting, sound system, security system and so much more to give you complete peace of mind and total relaxation in your outdoor space.
A refreshing swimming pool enhances your life in Los Angeles, CA, and the right smart pool lighting strategy can make your entire outdoor space an even more inviting place to be. A professional pool contractor can ensure that your lights are not only up to code, but also positioned to highlight the unique features of the pool and its surrounding landscape. Contact Avanti Pools, Inc. today to bring your pool to life with high-quality smart lighting.
Investing in a swimming pool is always exciting, but there are lots of choices to be made when it comes to design, dimensions and features. With so many different pool designs out there, you might be unsure which kinds of features are most important to you. Thankfully, learning about some popular pool features, including smart pool lighting in Los Angeles, CA, can help you put together the right design for your needs, preferences and budget. Keep reading to learn more about smart pool lighting and why this feature is such a good investment.
All about smart pool lighting
LED lights have revolutionized pool design. These lights are brighter and more powerful than traditional incandescent bulbs, and they are far more efficient and longer lasting. This allows property owners to illuminate swimming pools more effectively without spending nearly as much money on bulb replacement and energy.
LED smart pool lighting in Los Angeles, CA offers all kinds of benefits for property owners. Here are a few of the most significant advantages of installing LED smart pool lighting:
- Greater efficiency: One of the most well-known benefits of LED lighting is that it is far more efficient than incandescent lighting. It uses energy very efficiently to produce powerful illumination without running up energy costs or requiring frequent replacement. LED smart pool lighting in Los Angeles, CA can be set to shut off using a timer system or based on how light it is outside, which improves efficiency even more and keeps energy waste to a minimum.
- Better lighting: Another benefit of LED lighting is that it’s more powerful than incandescent bulbs. LED lighting is stronger and provides more effective illumination, especially underwater. Not only does this make your pool look more appealing at night, but it also improves safety by ensuring that all your guests have clear visibility of your pool when they’re walking around the pool area when it’s dark outside.
- Color versatility: In addition to the functionality and efficiency of LED lighting, there are also some design benefits. LED lighting can be set to change colors, creating a beautiful atmosphere in your pool area. Whether you have a single color setting or you set your lights to filter through various colors in a pattern, there are lots of options for color versatility and aesthetic creativity when programming LED smart lighting.
- Increased longevity and durability: Switching out pool lighting and bulbs can be a hassle, not to mention expensive, so it’s important to choose lighting options that will last a long time and hold up to consistent use in many different conditions. LED lighting is known for its longevity and durability.
Smart pool lighting in Los Angeles, CA
Get help with the perfect pool design and best pool features, including smart pool lighting in Los Angeles, CA, by reaching out to Avanti Pools, Inc. With our decades of experience providing custom pool design and construction services, you can rely on our team to make your vision for your swimming pool a reality. Browse our website to check out some of our best work and give us a call to get started with a consultation!
Do you like going for a swim in your pool after the sun sets? If you do, you’re well aware that your pool needs proper lighting. A well-lit pool ensures that you can see everything in the water while enjoying pool games well into the night. But what kind of lights should you choose? Should you install standard lighting that’s been around for ages, or should pick LED pool lighting in Los Angeles, CA? We think the answer is simple: go with LEDs. Continue reading to learn about some of the main advantages of LED lights:
- Brighter lights: Visible light produced by a light bulb is measured in lumens. A standard 100-watt light bulb emits up to 1,750 lumens, and a 40-watt bulb produces about 450 lumens. An LED light, however, produces the same amount of lumens as a 100-watt bulb, but may only use 14 watts of energy. So, if you’d like to have a brighter and more beautiful pool each night, without quite so much energy being used, install LED lights!
- Added safety: If your pool is brighter at night, it stands to reason that it’ll be safer as well. This is big for parents watching their kids from the pool deck, as well as swimmers who’d like to see if there are any other creatures in the pool with them. For an even safer pool environment, install LED lights around your pool deck. Your whole backyard oasis will be lit up nice and bright for you to enjoy.
- Energy efficiency: As alluded to above, LED lights are much more energy efficient than standard bulbs. Running your incandescent lights can cost up to $1 per day. That might not seem like a lot, but that really adds up over the course of the year! Instead of paying that much, choose to install LED lights, which have an operating cost of just a few cents per day. On top of that, folks who replace their incandescent bulbs with LEDs may be eligible for tax rebates.
- Longevity: Replacing a light bulb inside is a pain, especially if you need to get up on a ladder to swap it out. If you don’t like doing that, imagine how much you’d hate replacing your pool lights! Folks who choose to install LEDs won’t have to worry about that anytime soon, as these bulbs able to last up to 20 years without being changed.
- Unique colors: As you can see, LED lights have their practical advantages, but that’s not the only reason our customers choose LEDs over incandescent bulbs! LED lights come in a variety of different colors to give your pool a unique look. If you pay a little extra, you can get LEDs that change colors with the touch of a button on your smart phone!
Be sure to call Avanti Pools, Inc. if you’re ready to install LED pool lighting in Los Angeles, CA. We’ll install your new lighting quickly and easily, so you can dive in and start enjoying your new lighting during a late-night swim.