When you’re preparing to install a brand-new swimming pool on your property, you are probably mostly focused on the design and type of pool you’re installing. However, before you start planning out the specifics of the design, you must first determine the ideal location for your pool.
With this in mind, here are a few tips from our team of pool contractors about how you can choose the right location for your pool when planning your swimming pool construction in Los Angeles, CA:
- Remember this is a permanent feature: Once you’ve chosen where your swimming pool will be installed, there’s no going back. After it’s been constructed, it’s not exactly going to be easy to pick it up and move it, or even to remove it altogether. You’d have to redo the entire pool construction process even after doing some demolition. Make sure you are fully satisfied with your decision in terms of location before you proceed with any additional steps in the construction process.
- Consider plumbing features in the area: Your pool will probably be located in your backyard, but you also need to keep in mind the locations of other plumbing features on your property. For example, if you have a septic tank, you cannot place your pool within a certain distance of that tank, so that will have to factor into your choice of location for your pool. It’s very important to know where all your plumbing features (and other underground utilities) are located before you start excavating.
- Consider the landscaping on your property: The landscaping you have on your property can make a big difference, especially the trees you have. In general, it’s a good idea to avoid placing a pool near trees as much as possible—that’ll give you a little less work when trees shed their leaves, seeds or flowers.
- Seek out the sun: All pools benefit from being exposed to as much sunlight as possible. Depending on the layout of your home and property, the exposure to sunlight could be great or small, but no matter what, you should try to place your pool in an area that gets as much sunlight as possible.
- Give yourself the best view: A pool can be a great addition to the view from your home. Therefore, it makes sense to place your pool in an area that makes it visible from your home. This also is a practical consideration if you have any kids who will be using the pool—you can always keep them within eyesight if you have to step inside for a moment to grab something.
These are just a few of the considerations you may want to keep in mind as you go through the process of planning your swimming pool construction in Los Angeles, CA. For more information about the decisions you’ll need to make when designing your swimming pool, we encourage you to contact the experienced contractors at Avanti Pools, Inc. today and we’ll be happy to answer your questions.