Consulting a hot tub contractor in Los Angeles, CA is the first step to installing the best home spa for your lifestyle, but have you thought about the health benefits that come with it? Warm water therapy by way of a home hot tub has a good reputation for soothing all sorts of physical aches and pains. And when your body pains are minimal or non-existent, get ready to sleep better and see a positive change in your wellbeing!
From stress relief to healing tired muscles, here are a few benefits of taking part in warm water therapy:
- Provides relaxation and stress relief: One reason why you would want to purchase a hot tub is that you want a place to relax other than your couch. Another reason is for its therapeutic power to relieve stress and provide a relaxing environment. Have you had a stressful workday? When you own a spa, you can slip into warm, circulating water as soon as you get home.
- Improves sleep: Not limited to your mind being restless with mental to-do lists and worries, annoying chronic insomnia and other sleep disorders plague Americans every night. Since both mental stress and body pains are burdens on sleep, try soaking in a hot tub a couple hours before bedtime to help you fall into a relaxing, deeper sleep—and stay that way through the night.
- Alleviates arthritis pain: Daily stretching and joint movement are necessary for a healthy body, yet the severe pain of arthritis can limit a person. Mobility restriction is lessened when you’re in a pool of warm water, so arthritis sufferers should know the water is a great place to exercise and to work on regaining coordination when their joints and muscles are sore, tight or stiff.
- Promotes blood circulation: Whether you are fatigued from playing sports or have suffered an injury, take advantage of water to help promote normal blood circulation. Warm water not only increases blood flow, but it also loosens tired joints that could be constricting nerves and muscle tissue.
- Offers comforting sounds: Did you know that sound therapy is a fantastic meditation tool? Recreate the calming sounds of nature with a built-in pool or hot tub waterfall, or simply adjust the water jets to a low setting. Lay back, close your eyes, relax and enjoy the comfortable temperature of the hot tub. It’s a great way to free your mind from the stresses of the day.
While there are many ways you can benefit from warm water therapy, there are medical situations that could mean no hot tub water for you. If you are on any medications or have a diagnosed medical condition, be safe and don’t hop in until you consult your doctor—it is imperative that you do so, for your continued health and safety.
If your life is a bit stressful or you’re living with pain, consider warm water therapy a reasonable choice as a home pain remedy. For hot tub design and installation information, contact Avanti Pools, Inc. to speak with a knowledgeable hot tub contractor in Los Angeles, CA today.