Many people avoid building a new pool or remodeling a current one because they are concerned about schedule and budget. It is true that every pool contractor in Los Angeles, CA is busy right now, but that does not mean that your project has to completely disrupt your budget or plans. You only need to know what to expect and plan along with it. Here are five tips for pool installation that proceeds on time and on budget:
- Start with a good contractor: Pools are complex, and even an above-ground pool should be installed by a professional. That means finding the best pool contractor for your project. Check references, both those given by the contractor and those presented online, and confirm bond, registration and insurance status. If a contractor has several reviews mentioning that they finished construction late, failed to communicate or added unexpected fees, be wary—you could become their next victim.
- Comply with local regulations: Excavating for a pool is extensive work, and it can become disruptive to utility lines and fencing. You also need to be sure that your pool does not require additional permits and complies with safety standards. Regulatory violations can delay construction and result in fines. Neither development is good for on-time, on-budget construction, so clarify with your contractor whether they navigate the permit process or if you need to finish that work on your own.
- Communicate with your contractor: If you have landscaping you want left as undisturbed as possible or there are access issues with your yard, discuss that with the contractor when you call to schedule an estimate. Challenging issues can affect your estimate, so it is best to bring them to the forefront early. Otherwise, you may face bad surprises in the form of slower construction, increased costs and the destruction of the beloved landscape you wanted to preserve.
- Design carefully: Even if you have a grand vision, your pool contractor and designer may see things differently. There is a chance that your plan for a pool and your yard, local regulations and lot boundaries are not compatible. If this is the case, follow the advice of your designer to get as close to your desires as possible. Delayed construction often results if plans are not possible or become more expensive than expected. Choosing a design that works for your ideas and your yard is an excellent way to stay within budget and finish on time.
- Plan ahead: When possible, start inquiring with pool builders in early spring. Once summer starts, we become busy very quickly. If you are looking at a summer project, do not plan a large outdoor party two weeks after you book your consultation. Construction will take much more time than that, and you do not want to cancel a party and disappoint guests. Expect the best, but be realistic.
Avanti Pools, Inc. is your trusted pool contractor in Los Angeles, CA. We are here for you, from the design to the final phases of construction. If you seek to build or remodel a pool, contact us today to schedule an estimate.