Swimming pool owners have a lot of responsibilities. It’s up to you to keep the water and pool chemicals balanced, put in safety features and perform regular maintenance. If the thought of having to clean it all the time is holding you back from installing a brand-new swimming pool, then a pool cleaning system may be right for you. These systems are designed to clean on their own so you don’t have to.
Want more info? Read on for a better understanding of self-cleaning pools in Los Angeles, CA.
What are self-cleaning swimming pools?
A self-cleaning pool is powered by an in-floor cleaning system. It is an automatic and integrated cleaning system that’s built into the bottom of your swimming pool. The majority of these systems consist of a pump, pop-up rotating heads, a canister for collecting high volumes of debris and a main pool drain with another debris intake.
Here’s how self-cleaning pool systems work. Once activated, the rotating heads come up from the bottom of the pool and begin spraying jets of water. This pressure is needed to remove dirt, algae and other debris from the pool’s surface. Next, water circulates through the filter to remove contaminants from your pool. The final result is crystal-clear water to swim in.
Smart pools vs. traditional pools
The traditional way to clean swimming pools is the “eyeball and skimmer” method. This cleaning system pushes water across the top of your pool into a skimmer, which then feeds it through a filter and into a pump. Finally, the water is pushed back into your pool through the system’s eyeball return jets. While a traditional skimmer system can circulate a great volume of water in about eight hours, it may not circulate through the whole pool.
A more effective way to clean your pool is by installing a smart pool system. Self-cleaning pools in Los Angeles, CA offer a modern, less taxing way to maintain a clean swimming pool. Built into the bottom of the pool are in-floor nozzles that work to push water around your pool in a circular pattern. This ensures all the water in the pool is constantly moving, so water at the top is eventually circulated to the bottom.
The benefits of in-floor cleaning systems
Self-cleaning pools offer a host of benefits, including warmer water and the even dispersal of bacteria-killing chemicals and more:
- Automatic cleaning: There’s no need to set reminders to clean your pool or take time out of your day for this task. The auto system remembers and does all the work for you.
- Improved water circulation: In-floor jets circulate the water to ensure even chemical and temperature distribution.
- No equipment: This type of system is installed inside the pool, which means no hoses, cords or equipment cluttering your pool area.
- Not visible: The jets are virtually invisible because they’re flush with the pool’s surface.
If you want to learn more about self-cleaning pools in Los Angeles, CA, call Avanti Pools, Inc. Our pool experts are ready to answer all your questions!
It’s officially summer, and anyone who owns a pool knows that now’s the perfect time to unroll the cover, inflate the pool floaties and take a dip. Unfortunately, there’s also a less enjoyable side to owning and enjoying a pool: cleaning it.
Get ready to spend hours each week scrubbing, sifting and adding chemicals to your pool to keep its sides, floor and water clean and safe for swimming in. Nobody likes a dirty pool, but we’re willing to bet you don’t like spending time or money on pool cleaning, either.
If you’re building a pool to enjoy this summer, consider adding a self-cleaning system to it! Self-cleaning pools in Los Angeles, CA are convenient and cost-effective, and they offer a ton of benefits for all kinds of pool owners.
What to know about self-cleaning pools
Most self-cleaning pool systems are built into the floor of your pool. They use a series of strategically placed water jets to blow away debris and grime from the pool floor, steps and sides and send the dirt toward the filters.
These jets can retract into the pool floor to create a seamless, clean appearance that won’t interrupt you while you swim.
Self-cleaning pools in Los Angeles, CA are fast, easy and efficient. They are known to clean away almost all dirt and grime without the need for scrubbing robots, hoses and hassle.
Get ready for a better summer when you buy a self-cleaning pool system
Self-cleaning pools come with a bunch of benefits that can make your summer easier and more fun! Enjoy peace of mind and less work when you have a self-cleaning system installed:
- Saves chemicals: Chemicals are necessary to keep your swimming pool clean and free of algae and other growth. Without an effective cleaning system, these things can accumulate, requiring more chemicals and more money.
- Maintains even temperature: Because self-cleaning pools circulate water in order to sweep dirt and debris into filters, it maintains a consistent flow of water throughout the entire pool. This means that, if you have a heating system, you’ll have more even heating in all areas of the pool and maybe even be able to cut some costs there.
- Cost effective: Self-cleaning pools do require an investment up front, but they turn out to be quite cost effective in the long run. This is because you are able to reduce the cost of other cleaning materials, including vacuums and robots, cleaning services and even chemicals. All of those costs add up over time, especially since your pool will be a part of your home for years.
- No more cleaning: Most importantly, the biggest and best benefit self-cleaning pools offer you is freedom from cleaning! You won’t have to spend time each day scrubbing or vacuuming your pool before you use it. All you’ll have to do is get ready to swim and dive in to your freshly cleaned, crystal-clear pool.
If you’re interested in building a self-cleaning pool in Los Angeles, CA, call Avanti Pools, Inc.! We are experienced pool contractors with over 60 years of combined experience building custom pools and spas.